Cherie is long potatoes with red or pink skin and yellow, waxy flesh with good taste. The flesh is firm, and its moderate dryness makes it perfect for preparing gnocchi, potato croquettes, and chips.
You can cook Potatoes Cherie in many ways. It is suitable to use these potatoes to make potato salad, fried potatoes, or foil potatoes.
Store in a cool and dry place
Crispy Oven Fries
1-2 lbs. Potatoes, cut into fries
1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 Teaspoon Paprika
1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
2 Tablespoons Extra-Light Olive Oil, or other oil of your choice
- Place the cut potatoes into a large bowl and cover with cold water. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Drain the potatoes and lay them out on a cookie sheet covered with paper towels. Pat them until they are very dry.
- In a large bowl toss the fries with the salt, paprika, oregano, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and olive oil until evenly coated. Spread the fries out onto 2 baking sheets covered with a parchment paper. Be sure they are in an even layer and not touching.
- Bake the fries for 20 minutes and then rotate the pans (move the top one to the bottom and the bottom one to the top). Continue baking for 20 more minutes.
- The fries should be evenly browned and crisp now.