- Sindhri is the most famous of Pakistan's mango varieties, often referred to as the Honey mango the national fruit of Pakistan. This is an incredibly delicate fruit with a deep yellow thin peel and a distinct elongated and pointed curved shape. The flesh is also deep yellow, soft and melting and with such knock-your-socks-off incredible sweetness and flavour.
- Due to it's delicate nature, Sindhri needs care on purchasing, and needs to to be eaten within a 2-3 days. Look for fruit that are uniform in appearance, without bruise or excessive soft spots: a certain amount of shrivel to the skin is fine as this indicates good ripeness. The mango should be eaten when the tenderness is obvious through the thin skin, which should become a deep matt yellow. Mangoes protect and strengthen the body.and Coconut Rice
Yield: 4 servings
4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
3 Tbsp olive oil , plus more for grill
2 tsp lime zest
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
3 cloves garlic , crushed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1 1/2 cups Coconut Water
1 1/4 cups canned coconut milk
1 1/2 cups rice , rinsed well and drained well
1/2 tsp salt
1 large mango , peeled and diced
3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper (1/2 large)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/3 cup chopped red onion , rinsed under water and drained
1 large avocado , peeled and diced
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Coconut Water
Salt and pepper(to taste)
For the Salmon:
In an 11x7-inch baking dish whisk together olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste (a fair amount of each). Place salmon in baking dish, cover and allow to marinate in refrigerator 15 - 30 minutes, then flip salmon to opposite side and allow to marinate 15 - 30 minutes longer. Preheat a grill over medium-high heat during last 10 minutes of marinating.Brush grill grates with oil. Place salmon on grill and grill about 3 minutes per side or until just cooked through (turn carefully as the salmon will be fragile).
For the coconut rice:
While salmon is marinating prepare coconut rice. In a medium saucepan bring coconut water, coconut milk, rice and salt to a full boil. Cover and simmer until liquid has been absorbed (there may be just a little bit of excess liquid in center which you can drain off), about 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork, then let rest 5 minutes.
For the avocado-mango salsa:
1. While the salmon is grilling prepare salsa. In a medium bowl toss together mango, bell pepper, cilantro, red onion, avocado, lime juice, olive oil and coconut water.
2. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Serve salmon warm with coconut rice top with avocado mango salsa.