Pears Coscia is small-medium-sized fruit; thin and smooth skin, light green in color (turning to intense yellow when ripe), blush red on the exposed side. The flesh is cream-white, with a granular texture, slightly scented, juicy, and sugary.
Delicious to eat fresh, this fruit is used in the preparation of juices, jams, desserts, and fruit salads. We recommend tasting it with semi-seasoned and spicy cheese.
Store in the fridge.
Baked Pears with Cinnamon and Honey
4 pears, cut in half lengthwise
3-4 tbsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the pears in half lengthwise and use a spoon to gently scoop out the core and seeds. Place the pears cut side up in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Mix it together until well combined. Then drizzle the honey mixture over the pears, covering each one evenly.
- Bake the pears for 25-30 minutes, until soft and slightly golden brown.
- Let them cool slightly before serving. Serve as a dessert with ice cream, or for breakfast on top of oatmeal.