This product comes from Red Sea Farms, a Saudi Arabian agri-tech business whose one-of-a-kind technology enables the commercial farming of produce using primarily saltwater. Organic, sustainable, local. Pepper capsicum baby Mixed are small, typically half the size of regular bell pepper, and are round to slightly conical in shape, connected to a short green stem. The skin is shiny, taut, and smooth, ripening from green to yellow, orange, dark green. The flesh is thin, crisp, and aqueous, encasing a central cavity filled with small, round, and flat cream-colored seeds. Depending on the individual pepper, the central cavity may also be seedless.
Pepper capsicum baby Mixed is best suited for raw and cooked applications such as blistering, roasting, and sauteing. The crunchy flesh is showcased when consumed raw, and the peppers are promoted as bite-sized snacks for children, school lunches, and on-the-go meals.
For optimum flavor and texture, the peppers should be used within one week and stored in the refrigerator.
Bell Pepper Nacho Bites
1 1/2 lbs. mini bell peppers, halved and seeded
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 onion, minced
1 green onion, sliced
1 tomato, thinly diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Add the onion and garlic to a skillet over medium-high heat and cook until fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Give everything a good stir and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Evenly distribute the beef mixture among the mini peppers.
- Place the stuffed bell peppers on a baking sheet, and bake for 14 to 15 minutes.
- Serve the nacho bites topped with tomato, green onions, and your choice of guacamole or fresh homemade salsa.