Also known as Royal dates, Sukkari dates are light brown, sweet, and melt right in your mouth. These dates are sweeter than the average date, medium-size, and quite soft. You can easily recognize them as the top is usually golden in color and the rest of the fruit is brown. We repack the dates in a convenient 0,5 kg pack that you can store and carry.
Date and Walnut Cake
1 cup of dates almost 10-15 pieces (Seedless)
1 cup hot water
1/4 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate
3 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 and 1/2 cups of sugar
1 cup of veg oil
1 cup of milk
1 cup of walnut (optional)
Caramel for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Add hot water, dates, Sodium bicarbonate to a bowl and set aside.
- Mix flour, spices, baking powder. Set aside.
- Whisk the following all together, eggs, sugar, veg oil, and milk.
- Add the water and dates then the walnut and mix them.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish after spreading oil on the pan.
- Put it in the oven and watch it bake, you can test if it is done with a toothpick.